So, we like tacos. A lot. We love to try out new and/or exciting taco recipes. My wife pulled this one out of a Southern Living magazine. You may be familiar with Southern Living magazines or cookbooks. You know, those are the ones that never, ever, ever disappoint.
Good news. This recipe doesn’t disappoint. I love pineapple and chicken and spicy, and this recipe just so happens to incorporate the three in a way that makes eating a supreme delight.
Spicy Chicken-Pineapple Tacos
- 1 lb. skinned and boned chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (2 cloves)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 6 soft taco-size corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: chopped radishes, fresh cilantro leaves, crumbled queso fresco, chopped onions, chopped jalapeno
Combine chicken and next 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 4 to 24 hours.
Cook chicken mixture in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve mixture with warm tortillas and desired toppings.
Notes: We didn’t have queso fresco, so we used crumbled feta cheese instead.
From Southern Living